Communique to St. Louis Catholics
It has been reported that SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital (Maternal and Fetal Care Department), a Catholic institution supported by the Archdiocese of St. Louis, has referred pregnant women with developmentally disabled unborn children to the Hope abortion center in Granite City, IL for abortions. Three recent instances of such referrals were discovered at the gates of the Hope abortion center by Catholic pro-life volunteers, who then investigated and documented their experiences.
- SSM executives have refused to meaningfully engage in discussions and show no indication of changing their practices.
- Surprisingly, the Archdiocese of St. Louis has refused to take action consistent with Church standards for addressing and investigating child abuse allegations that are at least credible.
The goal of our project is to inform Catholics and move them to action, expressing disapproval of this unthinkable, UnCatholic practice in order to stop it.
What You Can Do
- Familiarize yourself with the incriminating evidence obtained so far (at the link above)
- Pray for the developmentally disabled child victims being targeted.
- Contact your Pastor and the Archbishop. Respectfully express your feelings about this situation and insist they appropriately address this evidence of child abuse of the highest order.
- IMPORTANT AND TIME SENSITIVE – St. Louis Catholic laity have an opportunity to make our voices heard at the annual “Glennon Sunday” collection at Holy Masses the weekend of June 6th:
- Withhold your charitable contribution to SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital at Holy Mass the weekend of June 6th. Rather than a financial contribution, place a note – respectfully expressing your disapproval of the abortion referral practice – into the parish envelop provided for “Glennon Sunday” and place the envelope in the collection basket.
- Utilize the self-addressed envelope provided in the St. Louis Review (yes, you’ll find one in there). Rather than a financial contribution, insert a note in the envelope respectfully expressing your disapproval of the abortion referral practices and place in the mail.
- Spread the news of this scandal which is being suppressed. To play a more extended role in putting a STOP to these abortions NOW, please call or text Credo at: (314) 322-0337 or email at email@example.com
For your consideration:
A parishioner recently brought to his pastor’s attention these abortion referral allegations. He agreed to review the extensive report linked above. One day later the Pastor – so appalled and convicted by the evidence – immediately contacted other pastors and shared that same file. Replies from the other pastors called the evidence everything from “plausible” (credible) to “definite”.
The first Pastor identified this as child abuse of the highest order, noting that the same standard of response applied by the Church to credible reports of child abuse should be applied here. This would result in the accused (in this case the SSM Maternal and Fetal Care Departments, particularly SSM Cardinal Glennon), being shuttered and an independent and comprehensive investigation being initiated and conducted.
The Pastor also called SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital, advising his parish would not participate in the “Glennon Sunday” collection unless and until these steps are taken and the scandal resolved.