CREDO began in May 1995 by a small band of faithful Roman Catholic men. They felt the Church in St. Louis, Missouri was going “off-track”.
These CREDO founders served as CREDO’s officers: Howard Brandt, Tom Gates, Fred Haenel, and Ken Jones.
Notably, the first CREDO Board of Directors also included Colleen George.
They described their mission simply to be advocates, activists, and educators for orthodox Roman Catholicism.
Board of Directors
Since its inception in May, 1995, the CREDO Board of Directors has continued to meet regularly for the purposes of program planning and the advancement of CREDO.
CREDO Board of Directors
- Helen Gelhot, M.D., President
- Thomas Hoover, Secretary/ Treasurer
- Conor Foran, V.P. Membership
- Philip Blaxton, V.P. Programs
- Jason Walter
- Jeff Buchholz
- Dennis Kuss
- Denis Boles
- Greg Miller
- Bob Baker
Ex Officio Officers
- Mr. Tom Gates, President, Founder
- Ken Jones, J.D., President
- Dr. Robert Hurley, President
- Fred Haehnel, J.D., Vice-President, Founder
- Mr. Howard Brandt, Treasurer, Founder
- Patti Christie, Membership Chairman
- Victor Mercurio, Membership Chairman
- Jim Bagailki, President
- His Eminence Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke
- Most Rev. Robert J. Hermann, DD.
- Msgr. Francis X. Blood
- Msgr. Michael J. Witt
- Rev. Brian Harrison, O.S.
- Rev. Edward Krause, C.S.C.
- John C. Dailey, M.D.
- Michael B. Dixon, M.D.
- James E. Hooper, Jr., O.H.T.